Sunday, July 8, 2007

Autobots, Roll Out


Just a quick note on an enjoyable time. As a person who spent most of his formative years in the 80's, the Transformers Movie is a big deal to me. Thankfully, I was not disappointed (too much). Sure there were many fanboy details that were wrong (Bumblebee will always be a VW Bug to me) but the numerous action-filled sequences (something dearly missed from Pirates 3, Spiderman 3, and Superman vs. a Rock) kept it in the realm of an entertaining popcorn flick. And despite never being an Optimus guy (my favorite was Trailblazer), I got a little goose bumply when that Semi rolled up. Good to hear the old Optimus voice too. My only complaint was an extended comic relief section in the middle of the movie featuring a mom coming up with euphemisms for masturbation and John Turturro in his underwear. The actors appeared to be allowed to ramble and ad lib at will with absolutely no editing for quality to follow. It was incongruitus with the rest of the movie and grinds the picture to a halt. Other than that, can't wait for Transformers 2 (and the GI Joe Movie).



No comments: